Photographs can be seen in our Volvo Gallery
‘Executive’ Model Tops All-New Volvo S80 Range
17 January 2007
A new flagship ‘Executive’ model has been added to the all-new Volvo S80 saloon range. It’s the most luxuriously equipped Volvo ever and prices start at £38,4151. The first customer deliveries start at the end of January.
The all new Volvo S80 offers distinctive Scandinavian design, excellent ride and handling, innovative technology and superb levels of spaciousness and comfort. The S80 Executive enhances this further with a range of features2 including bespoke Executive badging, chrome accents, unique 18in alloy wheels, a refrigerator in the rear, walnut wood inlays, Dynaudio Premium Sound, Personal Car Communicator with Keyless Drive, RTI and heated front and rear seats.
The Executive’s extensive standard specification only leaves a few items available as options. These include an integrated dual band or Bluetooth telephone and Volvo’s latest generation RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) with DVD player located in the front centre armrest, and two seven inch screens in the rear of the front head restraints and two cordless headphones.
Power and performance
There are three powerful engines available for the Volvo S80 Executive, the D5, 3.2 (front wheel drive or All Wheel Drive) and V8 AWD, all with six-speed Geartronic transmission as standard.
Volvo’s D5, five-cylinder, 2.4-litre turbodiesel delivers 185PS and 0-60mph in eight seconds, with 400Nm of torque from as low as 2000rpm. It’s the most economical engine in the range with 44.1mpg on the Combined cycle. The S80 D5 Executive Geartronic has a CO2 rating of 193g/km and so a typical 40% tax payer would pay £356 per month in tax.
The 3.2 is a smooth six-cylinder petrol engine offering 238PS and 320Nm of torque. It can accelerate to 60mph in 7.4 seconds, and deliver 28.8mpg on the Combined cycle with emissions of 234g/km. Volvo’s electronic AWD (All Wheel Drive) with Haldex coupling and Instant Traction™ is now also available with this engine.
Volvo’s 4.4-litre V8 delivers 315PS with 440Nm of torque and is capable of 0-60mph in six seconds, 23.7mpg on the Combined cycle and emissions of 284g/km.
1. On the road prices for the S80 Executive.
|Model||Power||£ (On the road)|
|Volvo S80 D5 Executive Geartronic||185PS||£38,415|
|Volvo S80 3.2 Executive Geartronic||238PS||£39,935|
|Volvo S80 3.2 AWD Executive Geartronic||238PS||£41,070|
|Volvo S80 V8 AWD Executive Geartronic||315PS||£47,955|
2. S80 Executive unique design features comprise:
- Unique 18in alloy wheels
- Chrome sections on lower air intake, fog light surround, door moulding and rear lights
- Executive soft leather upholstery and door inserts, including padded front door armrests, with contrast piping and stitching
- Refrigerator in rear centre armrest with Swedish crystal Kosta Boda tumblers
- Executive badges on C-pillar
- Executive floor mats with contrasting piping
- Walnut wood framed centre console with contrasting aluminium inlay
- Walnut wood and leather gear knob
S80 Executive specification is based on the SE Lux and then adds:
- Dynaudio Premium Sound Audio System with Dolby Pro Logic II Surround Sound, 5x130W amplifier, 12 Dynaudio speakers and Aux input (MP3/WMA compatible)
- PCC (Personal Car Communicator) with keyless drive
- RTI satellite navigation system with RDS-TMC, remote control and Europe DVD maps
- Active Bi-Xenon headlights
- Heated front and rear seats
- Heated windscreen washer nozzles
- Front and rear park assist
- Rear seat audio console with 2 headphone sockets
Click to enlarge