Photographs can be seen in our Volvo Gallery
XC90 Executive: The Ultimate Luxury SUV
21 May 2003
With its innovative, flexible interior and modern Scandinavian design, Volvo’s award-winning XC90 has rapidly established itself as the leader in the premium SUV sector. But now Volvo takes another step forward with the introduction of the ultimate in SUV luxury and desirability – the XC90 Executive.
The XC90 Executive discreetly adds the extra exclusivity of enhanced and unique interior and exterior details and a higher standard specification, which includes:
- Upgraded soft leather upholstery with contrast piping for first two rows of seats and for extra-padded door armrests on front doors; plus thick pile floor mats in passenger and load compartment
- Genuine walnut wood inlays on centre stack, gear lever, electric window buttons in addition to usual locations of glovebox and centre console
- Rear seat entertainment: DVD with twin 7in screens in front head restraints, remote control and cordless headphones
- Fridge fitted in armrest between the front seats
- Unique split-rim 18in ‘Nereus’ BBS alloy wheels
- Bi-xenon headlights
- Mini Disc player, sub-woofer and rear seat headphone sockets
- Integrated GSM telephone
- Rear skidplate, aluminium roof rails, ‘Executive’ badging, silver square-mesh grille, and body-coloured door handles and waist mouldings
- Folding door mirrors and electric driver and passenger seats
- Available with 163bhp D5 turbo diesel or 272bhp T6 petrol engines
The XC90 Executive’s luxury specification only leaves a few items available as options, such as dark tinted side and rear windows and separate air conditioning for the third row of seats, whilst the choice of body colours is extended to include Titanium Grey Pearl exclusively for the Executive.
Exclusivity is assured with just 100 XC90 Executives scheduled to arrive for UK customers in the last quarter of 2003, and around 500 expected next year.
Prices will be released soon, but are expected to be around £45,000.
The XC90 Executive will be making a brief UK appearance on the Volvo display area at the PGA golf tournament at Wentworth, Surrey from 22-25 May.
Click to enlarge