Club Motul Hill Climb.
Club Motul are throwing an event which we hope might be of interest at Shelsley Walsh, Worcester WR6 6RP, 23rd September 2023..
Motul are giving petrol heads the chance to take their car up the oldest motorsport venue in the world still to run events on the original course on Saturday 23rd September 2023. Each driver will get 4-6 runs up the hill spaced throughout the day with passenger and spectator passes sold separately. They will also be giving drivers a free ‘Start Line Photo’ to take away with them from the day and a free commemorative sticker of the 2023 Club Motul Hill Climb.
Due to this being a Club Motul event, we hope car clubs to be the heart of the day. With that in mind, we believe this could become a chance for car clubs to use Shelsley Walsh as a ‘club meet’. Club members can bring their car to the hill and park in dedicated club areas- we will even muck in to help put up your beach flags! You won’t need a driver pass to park up, just a spectator pass which can be purchased through the Club Motul website. There will also be a raffle and prize giving ceremony at the end of the day as well as a selection of brand new Motul apparel and accessories on sale!
- Driver Pass- £129 (£109.65 Club Price) https://www.clubmotul.co.uk/p/shelsley-walsh-driver-pass/355
- Passenger Pass £20 (£17 Club Price) https://www.clubmotul.co.uk/p/shelsley-walsh-passenger-pass/356
- Spectator Pass- £10 (£15 on the gate) (£8.50 Club Price) https://www.clubmotul.co.uk/p/shelsley-walsh-spectator-pass/357
- Under 16s go Free
The Club Motul discount code for VOC members can be applied to the ticket price at the checkout.
Classic Motor Show
Discount offer for members.
Members of the Volvo Owners' Club can get discount on all oils, lubricants and other products at the Clb Motul web site. Head over to our members' page to find out details..
Changes to the UK Highway Code.
In case you missed all the publicity about these changes to the Highway Code and the way we use the roads then DOWNLOAD THIS PDF.
Halfords Discount Voucher for 2023 (UPDATED 14 February 2023)
Members of the VOC can get discount on many items at all Halfords stores using this voucher. It cannot be used for online purchases.
Tracker devices discount.
The Volvo Owners' Club has partnered with Matrix Telematics who offer two tracker devices to members. Check this out in the August club magazine or on our members section at THIS LINK.
Volvo Owners' Club YouTube Channel.
We have our own YouTube channel with videos of our events at the NEC Classic Car shows and our annual club National Rally.
E10 petrol is here.
The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs has released a bulletin about E10 petrol being introduced in the UK on 1st September 2021. Read the bulletin HERE.
This from Volvo on E10: "E10 petrol is cleared for use in all Volvo cars with petrol engines introduced to the market since 1976 based upon servicing and other conditions according to the equipment and material with which the vehicle was originally equipped. E10 petrol is not cleared for a limited number of S/V40 models with petrol engines produced in the mid-1990s with engine type 1.8 GDI."
Volvo Owners Club Insurance Scheme.
The club insurance scheme with Chris Knott Insurance will continue and staff will be making every effort to deal with enquiries, claims and renewals.
- March 24-26th 2023 Practical Classics Classic Car and Restoration Show. NEC Birmingham. Link to show web site.
- May 7th 2023. Swedish Day. Haselbury Mill, Haselbury Plucknett, Crewkerne TA18 7NY. Details here.
- May 21st 2023. 120 Amazon Southwold Gathering. Details here.
- June 4th 2023. Southern Rally. Breamore House, Fordingbridge, Hampshire SP6 2DF. Details here.
- June 25th 2023. Sussex section event. Raystede Animal Rescue Centre Rally. Details here.
- July 5-10th 2023 Annual National Rally and BKV. Main event on Sunday 9th July. Stratford upon Avon Racecourse CV37 9SE.. Details here.
See a video of our 2022 event. Details here.
- July 16th 2023. Kimbolton Charity and Classic Country Fayre. Details here.
- July 27th to August 7th. Northern Rally. BKV on 30th July. Wetherby Racecourse. Details here.
- August 25-27th 2023. Silverstone Festival. Details here.
- September 3rd 2023. 300 Series Rally. Other models welcome. British Motor Museum Gaydon. Details here.
- September 3rd 2023. Classics at Glemham.Details here.
- September 9th 2023. TMS Volvo Hinkley Open Day. Details here.
- September 17th 2023 Grand Torque. Elvington Track. Arranged by Torque Volvo. Details here.
- September 23rd. Club Motul Hill Climb at Shelsley Walsh, Worcester WR6 6RP.. Details here.
- October 8th 2023. Sywell Aerodrome will once again be home to the very successful Amazon Rally. Details here.
- November 10-12th 2023. Classic Motor Show NEC Birmingham. Link to show web site and to book tickets.
VOC members can get discount tickets. Click Here.
See our stand YouTube video of the 2022 show . Click Here.
- March 22-24 2024 Practical Classics Classic Car and Restoration Show. NEC Birmingham
- April 14th 2024. Annual General Meeting. Motor Museum, Gaydon. VOC members only.
- May 19th 2024. Southern Rally. Milestones Museum, Basingstoke. TBC.
- June 9th 2024. Volvo Training and Development Centre. Daventry.
- June 26th - 1st July 2024. Annual National Rally. Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse. BKV 30th June. Details later.
- September 15th 2024. Great British Car Journey. Ambergate, Derbyshire. Details later.
- September 23rd-25th 2024. Silverstone Festival.
- November 8th - 10th 2024. NEC Classic Motor Show. Details later.
Fuller details will be published soon.